Dog Grooming or pet grooming is a vital part in the well-being and healthiness of a dog which can improve their lifespan. All Breeds require grooming, how much depends on the breed, age, or health of the pet. Regular grooming helps to ensure your dog is healthy and comfortable. It is important to note that while many dogs shed, others (such as the Poodle), do not shed as profusely, and require grooming by a professional every 6–8 weeks maximum.
The main reasons for daily grooming include:
- decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches, and other skin problems
- general cleanliness of the dog
- monitoring of the dog’s health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- forging of a closer bond between dog and owner
- reducing infestation load of external parasites on skin.
We pride ourselves in offering expert dog grooming in Harrogate to all sizes and all breeds dogs.